A natural fire retardant spray is a better option to treat household items because it is odor free and non-toxic. Items You Need:
2 qt. of hot water
7 ounces of borax
3 ounces of boric acid
1. In the empty spray bottle, pour 7 ounces of borax, 3 ounces of boric acid, and hot water.
2. Mix until dissolved
3. Allow mixture to cool
4. With this combined solution try a safety test on a piece of cloth or paper.
5. Saturate the solution on paper and allow to dry.
6. Use a lighter to see if the paper ignites
7. Reapply the natural fire retardant spray until you get fire-proof results