1. Valerian Root Valerian root is not known for its attractive aroma, but it is a great supplement for helping you to sleep. If you have trouble sleeping at night, valerian root is one of the best natural herbal supplements that you can take. If you can’t find valerian root at your local pharmacy, you can also try melatonin, which is another herbal sleep aid.
2. Echinacea If you’re sick, or everyone around you is, try taking some Echinacea. Echinacea has been clinically proven to boost your immune system, though it isn’t recommended for people with autoimmune conditions. Even if it’s not flu season, taking Echinacea on a regular basis can help prevent you from getting sick.
3. Golden Seal Goldenseal is an herb that has been around for hundreds of years, and was traditionally used both internally and externally by Native Americans. Golden seal is not a supplement that you should take all the time, as it is mainly effective when you are sick. It works best for sore throats, and has even been known to help in cases of strep throat.
4. Black Cohosh If you’re going through menopause, you should definitely start taking black cohosh. Black cohosh has been proven to help with night sweats, hot flashes, and mood changes. Black cohosh comes in a variety of forms, including as an extract or a root. If you aren’t sure which one would be best for you, consult your doctor.
5. Garcinia Cambogia For a long time, garcinia cambogia was mostly used as a cooking ingredient. Derived from a tamarind fruit, garcinia cambogia also works as an herbal appetite suppressant. Before you start buying artificial medications to help control your appetite, you should head to your garcinia cambogia supplier and try a more natural remedy instead. If you don’t have a garcinia cambogia supplier nearby, try looking online.
6. Milk Thistle Despite its unfriendly-sounding name, milk thistle is one of the most popular herbal supplements out there, famous for its ability to help with liver conditions and stimulate digestion. If liver disease runs in your family, consult your doctor about adding milk thistle to your diet. Herbal supplements can be a great addition to your diet, especially if you are suffering from something in particular. Remember, if you are a vegan or a vegetarian, you should stay away from capsule vitamins. Most capsules are made out of gelatin, which is an animal by-product. Tablet vitamins may be slightly harder to swallow, but they are vegan-friendly and are usually less expensive, too.